START A “LINK TEAM” IN YOUR AREA
WHAT is Link?
Link teams minister, under the Connecting Streams’ model, in cities where CS does not have a staff presence.
The Connecting Streams’ Link Program was started in 2018 to help volunteers in any location go and serve society’s marginalized.
Link teams are unique because their volunteers serve in locations which do not have Connecting Streams’ staff.
Link teams are supported and trained by Connecting Streams’ staff members remotely, through online meetings and resources.
WHO is Link for?
The Link Program was designed to support and equip followers of Jesus, in areas without Connecting Streams’ staff, to start and maintain an effective Connecting Streams’ team.
The Link Program is for volunteers who have an interest in taking the life-changing message of God’s love to society’s marginalized.
It only takes one person to go first, and take God’s love to the lost and lonely of our world.
If you feel called to be a part of what God is doing through Connecting Streams, but there currently isn’t a Connecting Streams ministry presence in your area, consider becoming a Link Team Leader.
We will support you as you gather a team and get started as well as over the long term.
Perhaps you are interested in volunteering with:
- prison ministry,
- young offenders,
- long-term care,
- an emergency housing shelter,
- an addiction recovery facility,
- homeless people, or
- newcomers to Canada.
Use the form below to contact the Connecting Streams’ Link Coordinator and get the conversation started about serving marginalized people in your location.
HOW does Link Work?
Do you want to serve society’s marginalized people in your area, but you don’t know what to do, or how to get started?
If you feel called to be a part of what God is doing through Connecting Streams, but there isn’t currently a CS Staff Team in your area, consider becoming a Link Team Leader.
Contact our Link Coordinator using the Contact Form below. This will put you in touch with the Connecting Streams’ Link Coordinator who will coach you through next steps, including assembling a team of volunteers, gaining access to an area of ministry, and what to do when you get there.
The CS Staff will support you over the long term, as you and your team take the good news of Jesus to the lost, lonely, vulnerable and hurting in your community.
Questions? Use the Contact Form on this page for more information about the possibility of starting a Link Team in your area.
WHY Link Program vs On your Own?
Engaging in the Connecting Streams’ Link Program to serve society’s marginalized brings the following advantages to you:
- Connecting Streams has prayer servants in place who will support you and your team with ongoing prayer
- CS teams send regular updates and our staff forwards them to volunteers who are committed to intercede for our volunteers in prayer
- formal association with Connecting Streams brings credibility
- founded in 2006, CS is an arm of the widely recognized Christian organization of Power to Change
- mission/vision clearly defined
- online presence (website with regularly updated blogs, social media)
- branded materials
- CS staff speakers at conferences
- CS has a trackable history of helping society’s marginalized
- you gain from CS experience and resources
- application forms and clearance processes, which are welcomed by agencies and organizations, mean that you can offer a team of pre-cleared volunteers to venues that have restricted access
- Statement of Faith, Code of Conduct, etc. for your use
- ongoing training & resources – online, printed, face-to-face
- a startup course (CS101) to ensure your team members have basic training before they start
- 2 minute training videos regularly emailed out to all volunteers
- face to face training in Edmonton AB twice yearly
- numerous online training videos and resources available equipping leaders and team members for growth
- team leader coaching
- advice on tested practices
- load sharing, when the need arises to navigate problems