“Anything you did for one of the least important of these… you did for me.” – Matthew 25:40 (NIRV)
Join a Volunteer Team
Move the cursor over the provinces to flip and see locations where volunteer teams are currently ministering
Start and Lead a Volunteer Team
Don’t See Your Location Listed?
Steps to Volunteering with Connecting Streams
Get Started in your Volunteer Ministry
We are excited that you want to follow Jesus’ teaching and come alongside society’s marginalized through Connecting Streams!
Our teams purposefully present the gospel of Jesus, love those we encounter, and initiate and cultivate discipleship relationships.
Follow the steps below to get started volunteering.
The application form includes our:
Statement of Faith
Vision/Mission Statement & Core Values
Code of Conduct
Abuse Prevention Policy
Covenant of Care
After you APPLY ONLINE the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to arrange a time to meet. Look over the ministry opportunities available in your area before your meeting with the Volunteer Coordinator.
You may have an opportunity to meet with your Team Leader before getting officially started to ensure you have the right fit, and will be able to commit to regular participation.
3. POLICE CHECK
A routine Criminal Record Check and/or Vulnerable Section Check (also known as a Criminal Record/Security Clearance Check, or a Police Information Check) is required for most Connecting Streams’ volunteers.
Additional security clearance is required for some facilities. Our Volunteer Coordinator will ensure that you are aware of what is needed.
Volunteering on a Connecting Streams’ ministry team requires a weekly commitment, from Sep through Jun. If you plan to be away, let your Team Leader know in advance so he or she can ensure there are the minimum number of people available for that week’s ministry.
As a volunteer, you will receive weekly TAKE2 (minutes) for TRAINING videos.
We look forward to meeting you face-to-face at Training sessions.
We are delighted to help you follow God’s leading and GO!
Frequently Asked Questions
No. You do not need to be a skilled group leader. You do not need to have musical skills. You do not need to have all the answers.
- If you want to obey Jesus by “loving the Lord your God, and loving your neighbour” and you believe that included in loving others is sharing with them the hope found in Jesus, then there is a place for you to volunteer with Connecting Streams.
- You may be thinking, “I have never shared the gospel with anyone”, “I want to do this, but I am terrified”, or “I don’t think I have anything to offer.” That’s okay.
- Our volunteers go in teams, so you are never on your own.
Volunteers go in teams to locations such as prisons, long-term care centres, emergency shelters and addiction residences. Trained team leaders work together with their team members to create ministry sessions that are led by the Holy Spirit and will resonate with their ministry audience. Because of this, the format of ministry sessions varies from team to team, but common denominators are:
- each team’s ministry is centred around the sharing of a biblical message and discussion, and prayer
- sometimes video or music is used to complement
- usually there is time for visiting and conversation
- Volunteers must be a minimum of 18 years old. There are exceptions to this for some teams where the age requirement is higher.
- Consistent (typically weekly) commitment to a team is emphasized in order to best serve those to whom we minister, as well as the other team members.