- Volunteers must be a minimum of 18 years old. There are exceptions to this for some teams where the age requirement is higher.
- Consistent (typically weekly) commitment to a team is emphasized in order to best serve those to whom we minister, as well as the other team members.
No. You do not need to be a skilled group leader. You do not need to have musical skills. You do not need to have all the answers.
- If you want to obey Jesus by “loving the Lord your God, and loving your neighbour” and you believe that included in loving others is sharing with them the hope found in Jesus, then there is a place for you to volunteer with Connecting Streams.
- You may be thinking, “I have never shared the gospel with anyone”, “I want to do this, but I am terrified”, or “I don’t think I have anything to offer.” That’s okay.
- Our volunteers go in teams, so you are never on your own.
- We provide ongoing training to help equip our volunteers.
Volunteers go in teams to locations such as prisons, long-term care centres, emergency shelters and addiction residences. Trained team leaders work together with their team members to create ministry sessions that are led by the Holy Spirit and will resonate with their ministry audience. Because of this, the format of ministry sessions varies from team to team, but common denominators are:
- each team’s ministry is centred around the sharing of a biblical message and discussion, and prayer
- sometimes video or music is used to complement
- usually there is time for visiting and conversation