Encouragement Moving Forward
Dear Valued Connecting Streams Family,
We are all aware that these are unprecedented times.
And we know that Jesus is still on the throne!
As we navigate a time of self-isolation, I would encourage you to spend more time in prayer and communion with Jesus. He is our Hope and Rock.
Although we are not free to physically interact with others, there are still things we can do to bring Light into the darkness.
Your National Leadership Team has been meeting and discussing ways we can still have an impact.
Remember your personal health is of utmost concern so please use extra caution, wash your hands and follow the guidelines set out by the Ministry of Health.
Below are a few ideas. Maybe you have more to add to the list. We invite you to share your thoughts with us.
- Pick up the phone and call someone – there is nothing like a phone call to cheer you up
- Send an encouraging email to your friends and acquaintances. Consider adding a word of encouragement or something that will put a smile on their face
- Good old snail mail is certainly another option. We all love receiving mail that is not a bill or advertisement
- When you have completed your self isolation and are heading to the store, call a few of your neighbours and see if they would like you to pick up anything for them. You can leave the groceries outside their door and they can either send an e-transfer or leave the money in their mailbox.
- Maybe someone has a dog that needs to be walked and they cannot get out?
- You can remove the ice/slush off a walkway
- Offer to put out someones garbage or return empty bins to the side of the house.
As conversations open up, look for opportunities to introduce Jesus and your experience. During times of crisis, people are always more open to talking about faith and prayer.
We would love to hear how you have been blessed or blessed someone else, please send any stories of encouragement to us!
As your National Leadership Team, we are exploring options within our current ministry opportunities, such as the possibility of sending notes to the inmates and those in long term care. For those participants that we have contact information for, a call or note would be a suggestion.
Our Connecting Streams staff will be meeting virtually, early next week, to brainstorm new ideas and opportunities to discuss strategically moving forward.
We encourage you to meet as teams & staff online through Google Hangouts
. This is a great time to pray together and discuss how you may be able to reach out in innovative ways.
We will be having a weekly Connecting Streams prayer call hosted on Zoom. Please keep an eye out for more information to come.
A social hang out time online is another opportunity to support one another as a team.
We will be in touch regularly as we navigate the coming weeks together.
God Bless you