- Resolving daily to ask the Lord Jesus to lead my life.
- Following and obeying Him willingly regardless of the war within or how hard it feels.
- Reading the Word daily so I continue to grow in discerning what the Lord requires of me.
- Admitting my struggles to fellow believers who will pray with me and for me to overcome.
- Praying for ongoing surrender in my heart to the will of the Father.
If, in my mind, I resolve to seek God for help, then with His power, I can overcome. The battle is won in my will and mind before it can mainfest in my actions. Will you resolve and resist today?
Heavenly Father, we need your power and strength to resist temptation and follow you wholeheartedly. Lead us Lord out of temptation and deliver us from evil. Help us today to make wise and godly choices and to obey you, regardless of the cost. In Jesus’ Holy and Precious Name, Amen.
Go Deeper — Ask the Holy Spirit to search your heart and show you if there is an area of your life that you are refusing to yield to His Lordship. If you continue to struggle, choose a wise and trusted Christ follower to confess your area of struggle to. Ask them to pray for you and be willing to go for more help/counsel.
Further reading: The Spirit-Filled Life.