|Job Categories:||Leadership, ministry building, evangelism and discipleship|
|Position Type:||Part-Time or Full-Time|
|Job Region/Location:||Various locations in Canada|
|Reporting Relationship:||Reports directly to the Director of Connecting Streams|
|Working Conditions:||Conditions vary|
|Funding:||Volunteer or Ministry Partner Development|
Power to Change seeks to glorify God by making a maximum contribution toward helping to fulfill the Great Commission in Canada and around the world by developing movements of evangelism and discipleship. We envision millions of volunteers engaged in faith adventures that transform lives through the power of the gospel. You can be a part of this movement of change by applying your skills in PTC Ministries.
Connecting Streams challenges, empowers, and equips believers, individually and collectively, to embrace God’s scriptural model and mandate of intentional, relational evangelism. Through our volunteer community outreach streams in correctional institutions, senior’s communities, inner city residences, and other outreach venues, we connect the church with the broken and marginalized people in our world.
The City Leader will recruit, develop and lead a Connecting Streams ministry team in their city or area. The Leader will initiate, mobilize, step out, and be entrepreneurial in building from the ground up. They will ensure the development of faith adventure streams, recruit and develop team leaders and help to engage and empower people to reach their world. They represent Connecting Streams and build partnerships with organizations and church leaders.
Recruit and lead city or area team:
- Recruit key leadership team
- Give overall leadership to the team: sharing vision, mentoring and development of team
- Ensure the development of faith adventure streams
- Recruitment and orientation of volunteers, leading a team to creatively extend the invitation to adventure
- Host catalytic and training events and ministry development in their area
Represent Connecting Streams:
- Initiate and cultivate connections and partnerships with leaders of churches and organizations to empower them to mobilize people for evangelism/discipleship
- Speak, teach, and conduct workshops on mobilizing people for evangelism/discipleship/training
- Articulate ministry vision and dream to other leaders
- Represent and promote the ministry at local events
Contribute to a growing team of leaders across Canada
- City Leaders will have opportunity to learn and develop together, share resources, use their gifts to encourage and equip each other and share expertise
Education and Experience:
- 5 years of experience in ministry would be considered an asset, particularly in ministering in correctional institutions, senior’s communities, or inner city residences.
- Experience in recruiting and leading volunteers
Skills and Abilities:
- A passion for empowering people to reach their world, and a passion for connecting the Church with a hurting world
- Excellent people and leadership skills, and able to relate, encourage, and mobilize others
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, and able to articulate ministry vision
- A self-motivated team builder who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Willing and able to travel
- Able to articulate ministry passion and attract others to the ministry
- Ability to teach considered an asset
- Strong administrative skills considered an asset
Funding: Volunteer or Ministry Partner Development.
Ministry Partner Development is the process of building a partnership team which provides financial and prayer support for the ministry. The financial support will cover the costs of the candidate’s salary and ministry expenses. Power to Change believes that Ministry Partner Development is biblical and God will provide everything necessary to fulfill the calling into ministry: finances, emotional strength and perseverance. Building a ministry partnership team is an integral part of being in ministry. There are many opportunities to bless and encourage the partnership team. Power to Change is committed to providing training and coaching that ensures success in Ministry Partner Development.
Please send your resume and cover letter or inquiries to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change. In order to make the best use of your time and ours, only applicants who closely match our requirements will be contacted directly.